Tight temperature tolerances set environmental
cold rooms apart from food service refrigerators. Recent
FDA regulations have made these requirements even more
stringent in many cases. Why choose BioCold for your
cold storage room requirements?
- At BioCold, we use a three-pipe proportional hot
gas bypass refrigeration system with microprocessor-based
PID controls to maintain temperature control of +/-
0.3°C or better, with uniformity of +/- 0.5°C throughout
the cold room.
- Oversized refrigeration systems provide fast pulldown
and reserve capacity.
- Oversized evaporator fan coil eliminates the need
for defrost cycles at +4°C operation in most cold
- Simple, easy-to-use, easy-to-service control systems
and wiring circuits. BioCold temperature controllers
are "works in a drawer" and can be easily replaced
without disconnecting a single wire. PLCs and printed
circuit boards have their purpose, but only add unnecessary
complexity to a standard cold room.
- GFCI circuit breakers mounted in the control console
load center provide ground fault protection for all
receptacles within the room.
- Umbrella airflow air handling system eliminates
the need for a drop grid ceiling, eliminating a common,
difficult-to-clean, area of dust and mold spore collection.
- 2" thick cam-locked floors, available with foamed-in-place
diamond tread finish, offer 20" long ADA ramps and
durable nonslip working floor surface supporting up
to 600psf without reinforcement.
- Absolutely no wood in cold room wall or floor panels.
Wood absorbs water, swells, and rots over time, and
should be avoided.
- Optional Honeywell chart recorders, Dickson data
loggers, and RS485 modbus communications to building
automation or monitoring systems.
- Optional latent dehumidification or dessicant dryers
offer reduced humidity control down to 10% RH at +4°C.
- As a cold room manufacturer for more than 30 years,
BioCold has the flexibility and experience to provide
solutions for virtually any custom cold room application.